Meet our School Board...
SOMERS POINT SCHOOL DISTRICT
121 W. New York Avenue
Somers Point, NJ 08244
Board of Education Members
Staci Endicott Board President email@example.com Heather Samuelson Board Vice-President firstname.lastname@example.org Stacie Brookbank Board Member John Conover Board Member Jenna DeCicco Board Member Kathleen Dolton, PT, DPT, PCS Board Member Alice Myers, Ph-D. Board Member Michael Sweeder Board Member Karen Tomasello Board Member
INFORMATION REGARDING OPEN PUBLIC MEETINGS ACT "Sunshine Law" - CLICK HERE
A GUIDE TO BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETINGS IN NEW JERSEY - CLICK HERE
Amy Houck-Elco, Esq. School Solicitor
District Administration Members
Michelle CarneyRay-Yoder, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools Julie Gallagher Business Administrator/Board Secretary
SOMERS POINT BOARD OF EDUCATION GOALS:
- The Board of Education will review the effectiveness of existing policies, update and create new policies where necessary, and support proposals that optimize district resources for the most effective delivery of instruction.
- The Board of Education will strive to have effective and efficient Board and Committee meetings, and maintain the highest level of boardsmanship by following a set of collectively established norms, and encouraging and continuing in participation in NJSBA sponsored meetings, training, and workshops.
- The Board of Education will review the Strategic Plan created in conjunction with the community, the teaching staff, and the administration on a five year rotation (most recently reviewed Summer 2019) to determine the aspects of the plan that have already been implemented as well to as identify the items that need to be addressed moving forward.
SOMERS POINT BOARD OF EDUCATION NORMS:
- Preserve and maintain the confidentiality of interactions and communication among all Board Members.
- Foster open and honest dialogue between all Board members and the Superintendent.
- Continue to develop a shared dynamic of teamwork for the completion of tasks.
- Facilitate ongoing communication with each other regarding questions, concerns, sharing of information and/or new ideas, as per the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Act.