Meet our School Board...
SOMERS POINT SCHOOL DISTRICT
121 W. New York Avenue
Somers Point, NJ 08244
Board of Education Members
Staci Endicott Board President Richard Gray Board Vice-President John Conover Board Member Jenna DeCicco Board Member Courtney Laut Board Member Sarah Platt Board Member Heather Samuelson Board Member Michael Sweeder Board Member Nicholas Wagner Board Member
Louis J. Greco, Esq. School Solicitor
District Administration Members
Michelle CarneyRay-Yoder, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools Susan Irons Business Administrator/Board Secretary
SOMERS POINT BOARD OF EDUCATION GOALS 2018-19:
- The Board of Education will review the effectiveness of existing policies, update and create new policies where necessary, and support proposals that optimize district resources for the most effective delivery of instruction.
- The Board of Education will strive to have effective and efficient Board and Committee meetings, and maintain the highest level of boardsmanship by following a set of collectively established norms, and encouraging and continuing in participation in NJSBA sponsored meetings, training, and workshops.
- The Board of Education will review the Strategic Plan created in conjunction with the community, the teaching staff, and the administration in the Fall of 2015/Winter of 2016 to determine the aspects of the plan that have already been implemented as well to as identify the items that need to be addressed moving forward.
SOMERS POINT BOARD OF EDUCATION NORMS 2018-19:
- Preserve and maintain the confidentiality of interactions and communication among all Board Members.
- Foster open and honest dialogue between all Board members and the Superintendent.
- Continue to develop a shared dynamic of teamwork for the completion of tasks.
- Facilitate ongoing communication with each other regarding questions, concerns, sharing of information and/or new ideas, as per the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Act.
BOE Upcoming Meeting Dates...
June 20, 2019
July 17, 2019
August 22, 2019
September 19, 2019